Bliss claimers: Who ARE these people?
I’m finding out. I’m interviewing them, right here. People who are actually doing it.
A series of video interviews. Just for you! I run them as they are ready for viewing beginning the last week of March 2012.
(OMG, it’s my inner Oprah coming out!)
Real people, in the flesh, claiming their own bliss. Sharing their stories and insights with you.
Why talk about this?
‘Cuz: It’s high time to dialogue about what following your bliss really is, really means, really looks like. ‘Cuz it’s not what you think.
So, let’s get this fact out of the way: following your bliss IS NOT practical.
Bliss is the worthwhile, authentic, enchanted, purpose-giving, simple (not to be confused with simplistic), vibrant, meaning-full path.
Bliss is the path that’s scary – because you acknowledge uncertainty as inherent in just being alive.
It’s not terrifying or reckless – which is what some people think it means or needs to be as a reason to avoid theirs.
Nor is it safe (read: snoring boring) – which is what some people settle for in life as a way of creating the illusion of certainty.
It’s not the path that is less traveled either. It’s the one that’s never been traveled – but this doesn’t make it lonely.
It makes it rich.
Remember: there is only one you in all of time, so how could your path possibly be a traveled one to begin with?
Bliss expands you as you self realize and know your potential. And in the words of Joseph Campbell, it’s the one path where the doors will only open for you. Through prayer more than prying, but not without taking the steps.
Redefine bliss with me as: consciousness, commitment, kindness, courage, love. Your bliss lies in making your contribution that the world needs and finding a way to get paid for it.
In this series, you are going to meet people that live contrary to the notion of bliss as a form of ignorance. Bliss wasn’t a nice idea to them, it was the inspired path. And in their sharing, may their stories inspire you to embrace uncertainty, think less, listen to your own life more, while you yourself inspire others to claim their bliss.
Bliss is permission.
Ready? Here we go!
Where you fuel, re-tool and attune your imagination. Get your soul to work (on purpose). Ruthless compassion. Fierce gentleness. Sassy wisdom. And oodles of insight.
- The mind is afraid 2 reconsider work b/c it fears that it will not only reassess its identity but also take time 2 recover and re-create #fb 12 hours ago
- Even the busiest person wants wisdom and sense in busyness. - David Whyte #fb #career #inspiration 1 day ago
- Learning to sustain inner quiet to heed Life's invitation is probably the most harrowing of human experiences. #fb #career #bliss 2 days ago
- 2gether! RT @lifewritercoach: Thinking of creative inspirers @gowestgroup @Write4LifeCoach @LindaJoy @VICoaches @LovingInquirer @CoachMarcy 3 days ago
- Thank u! RT @david_shindler: 19 career advisor wisdom bites for your own career bliss: buff.ly/10jblYz @thewitchofbliss #fb 3 days ago