burning question: what boat do you need to burn?
Imagine a people that encounter new lands, unpack and then burn their boats.
Only onward, forward motion in their hearts and minds.
To burn a boat and move forward is a sign of inner peace with what is.
My boat to burn is relationships – to past well-meaning colleagues, friends and family. Once in bonds that benefited both with love, support and listening is no more. I find myself in territory where the contrast is too great and the chasm growing.
What once buoyed is now a burden. A relationship with angels that turned to anchors. The sails will not rise and billow as they once did.
After grieving (and it is a must to burn this boat), it’s truly freeing to let go of old identifiers. Of people who knew you that don’t want to know you – as you are in this moment.
To talk and feel energy taken – going against the current and wind. It’s just a Hallmark story that relationships are forever.
It is their impact that is forever. And it really is.
I need to give what gives me energy. To work with people that create energy with me.
This boat is overloaded. It’s still. I want to move faster. I want to feel the wind.
I want. I need. To fly.
Click to tweet it: “To burn a boat and move forward is a sign of inner peace with what is.”
Click to tweet it: “It’s just a Hallmark story that relationships are forever. It’s their impact that is forever.”
Where you fuel, re-tool and attune your imagination. Get your soul to work (on purpose). Ruthless compassion. Fierce gentleness. Sassy wisdom. And oodles of insight.
- See how change inside of you is mirrored back to you in the form of your life: bit.ly/11W3eJa #CareerTransition #CareerTips... 2 hours ago
- Bliss is creating an atmosphere within that is open to every possibility in ever moment and the courage to make the choiceless one. #career 8 hours ago
- My story of becoming a liar & a fake before finding #CareerBliss: bit.ly/11W3eJa #CareerTransition #CareerTips #Inspiring 1 day ago
- You can only create career bliss when your essence is the boss: bit.ly/Zlc0wf #CareerTransition #Bliss #CareerTips #Inspiring 1 day ago
- It’s REALLY OKAY that you’re not where you think you should be, doing what you think you should be doing: bit.ly/12f5qGV #CareerTips 1 day ago